The National Mall is a landscaped park within the National Mall and Memorial Parks, located near the downtown area of Washington, D.C., the capital city of the United States.
The National Mall contains and borders a number of museums of the Smithsonian Institution, art galleries, cultural institutions, and various memorials, sculptures, and statues. The park receives approximately 24 million visitors each year.
Some of the landmarks along the National Mall include, the:
- Lincoln Memorial
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- National World War II Memorial
- Constitution Gardens
- Korean War Veterans Memorial
- District of Columbia War Memorial
- John Ericsson National Memorial
- National Museum of American History
- National Museum of Natural History
- National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden
- West Building of the National Gallery of Art
-East Building of the National Gallery of Art
- National Museum of the American Indian
- National Air and Space Museum
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Arts and Industries Building
- Smithsonian Institution Building ("The Castle")
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- National Museum of African Art
- and more, ..