Charles Bridge is a historic bridge hat crosses the Vltava river in Prague, Czech Republic. It connects Old Town with Lesser Town.
Its construction started in the 14th century and it is one of Prague's most beautiful structures. During the day, it is a bustling place of trade and entertainment, as musicians busk and artists sell their paintings and jewelry.
This bridge was protected by three bridge towers, two on the Lesser Quarter side and one on the Old Town side. It is decorated by a continuous alley of 30 statues and statuaries, most of them baroque-style, originally erected around 1700 but now all replaced by replicas.